The municipal cemetery of Brugge is located on the territory of its suburb of Assebroek. To get there from the railway station of Brugge it takes a good walk, just over 1 1/4 mile.
The military cemetery is part of the civilian cemetery.
According to the Land Registry Office, the cemetery was developed in 1925.
The soldiers that died in local hospitals from injuries sustained at the final offensive of October 1918 are buried here.
There are a total of 513 Belgian graves, of which 15 unknown soldiers, on an surface of 1.1 acres.